This super simple salad is super nutritious. Even better is that the ingredients support liver detox and hormone balance. Kale, beets and lemon are three great ingredients to support the body’s cleansing process – and they go great together in this salad!
Makes 4 servings
For the Salad:
1 medium beet
4 or 5 large kale leaves, chopped and lightly steamed
Quarter of a red onion, thinly sliced (optional)
1. Cover the beet with water in a medium pan, and bring to a boil.
2. Reduce the heat and simmer until the beet is tender, approximately 20 to 30 minutes
3. Remove the beet from the pan, and rinse in cold water.
4. Slice off the skin, and cut the flesh into small thin pieces. Set aside.
5. Toss the kale, beet and onion together in a large bowl.
6. Top with the dressing and enjoy!
For the Dressing:
Mix together in a glass jar:
1/4 cup Tahini
2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
2-4 Tbsp EVOO
Salt and pepper to taste
1 tsp maple syrup to taste
A bit of water as needed to thin out the sauce
Use on the salad and store the rest in your refrigerator. Will keep for up to a week.